Sunday, June 29, 2014

Anxiety part 2

Do you remember that time I wrote about having an overwhelming amount of anxiety?
Well its still present but not as bad
(or more like just taking it one day at a time)
Two days after I wrote my post about anxiety Max got sick.
He was throwing up and had diarrhea. He wouldn't eat at all. 
He became lethargic, weak, and dehydrated.
After calling his pediatrician, they suggested we take him up to Primary Children's ER to check for dehydration.
We got up there and the Dr's came to the conclusion he was in fact dehydrated. 
They decided to put in an IV but decided to give him some Zofran (nausea medication) and see if he would eat on his own first. 
After 45 min of drinking the Zofran he drank 4 ounces of Pedialite. 
So they sent us home with a prescription.
He ate that night but by the next day was back to his old self.
I called his pediatricians office again. They just said to syringe him fluids as much as I could. 
So I did.
And 5 ml at a time he at 3 ounce total the whole night. 
It was so hard because every time I gave him a syringe of fluid he would fight. 
And when he was done fighting he was beyond exhausted.
He wasn't my happy baby. Something was wrong. 
So that morning back to Primary's we went.
This time right away they gave him an IV.
They pushed fluids for 40 min but he still wouldn't eat. 
We tried popsicle's, and slurpees, but he still wouldn't eat.
So after 6 hours and an IV still in his arm they decided to keep him over night.
I was so scared, I wanted my baby to be okay.
But you know what, I had no anxiety.
None.
I turned it over to the Lord.
I knew my Max was in his hands. 
It was really that easy. 
This was huge and it was The Lords.
The plan was to keep Max on IV fluids till 6 am and then take his IV and hope he would eat.
He slept a little.
Was checked up on a lot. 
And threw up everywhere about 1:30 am.
But 6 o'clock came.
And his IV came out. 
And he was weak but getting stronger.
But noon he was tired but over all a whole new kid. 
He had color back in his cheeks.
He was wiggly.
He was smiley.
He was ready to go home. 
Just like that.
So we did. And Oh.My.Gosh.
We were beyond thankful. There are no words.
The Dr. figured Max had a stomach bug and 4 new teeth try to get the best of him that week

What a lesson. I can turn over the "big" things like nobody's business but 
when I don't have all the laundry done I have a total breakdown never once thinking to turn to Him.

I didn't need nor want my baby to get sick but how great is our God to remind me that big or small he has my back and my Max.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great example of how good God is!