Saturday, May 24, 2014

New Adventures

I have always enjoyed taking care of people. 
If any one needs a hug, a band aid, or a blanket I'm your girl. 
I think for this reason alone I have always wanted to be a nurse. 
I have waited a long time to go to school and get a degree. 

But now is the time.
 
I have taken my entrance exam, worked out my financial aid, received my class schedule and even some pretty unattractive scrubs to wear to class. 

Starting Wednesday evening I will be a full time nursing student.
 
I am excited and honestly right now I am terrified. 
I am a full time wife. 
I am a full time mother. 
And I am a full time employee. 
Taking on this new adventure kind of makes me feel full time crazy. 

I don't know I am ready to sleep less.
Im not sure I a ready miss out on putting Jack, Lucy, or Max to bed because I am in school or working late.
I don't want to have to choose between a clinical or lab and spending time with my children.
I don't want to miss anything!
BUT...
I know that in the long run this will give me more time with them and better opportunities. 

So, with that being said.
I. Will. Succeed. 
In 3 years I will be a registered nurse. 
I will graduate collage with a Bachelors degree. 
I will be a better partner for my husband. (Once I get to sleep through the night) 
I will be a better example for my children. 
And I will be a full time employee in a job I hope to love. 

I am praying I survive this adventure.

I know Ill need
Lots of coffee.
Lots of support.
Lots of studying
Lots of prayer.
 
And hopefully Ill survive. 
So ready or not it's time for a new adventure.
Wish me luck. 

No comments: