Friday, June 7, 2013

Macaroni and Tomato Juice

it's not natural
it not that good (in my opinion)
and the passion for it is not normal
but that most likely because I am not a Ririe by blood
Its Macaroni and Tomato Juice. 

That's right, I said it, macaroni and tomato juice. 
That's it. 
Regular Elbow Macaroni and Campbell's Tomato Juice 
(ok, Ill be honest its typically not Campbell's brand because lets face it, If I'm going to eat the food I'm usually not going for spending anymore than I have to on some name brand ingredient that will not improve the taste in the least)    

Here is why I bring this meal up.
It is a Ririe staple. Its amazing, they could literally live on the stuff. 
This isn't a learned skill, its in their blood.

One of the first meals I had with my then to be future in-law was M&T. And I have had it with them many times since then. (Although to my understanding my mother in-law isn't too fond of the stuff either)

I know my brother-in-law and his wife eat it often.

And my children would eat this meal every night for dinner if they could. 

It's amazing (and a little weird) the passion that comes with this meal.


Now I do have to admit, I do eat this meal, and I will continue to eat this meal.
 Because I married Mr. Ririe and eating M&T for dinner 2 plus nights a week was part of our wedding vows. 

And also because its cheap, easy to cook, and my kids will never fight me on it. 

Try it, let me know what you think.



5 comments:

Ryane said...

that is funny, in my family we eat macaroini and tomoatoes but we just use a jar of stewed tomatoes that we canned from the garden with a little tobasco and some cheese it's probably one of my most favorite things.

Lori said...

I don't plan to try it. I've heard you and Abi talk about it before and, frankly, the thought of it makes my stomach flop. It doesn't make sense because I like tomato soup and I like macaroni. Still, the thought of M&T does weird things to my intestines. But good luck to you as you live your life eating it.

jessicasayles123 said...

Ha ha! That cracks me up. Chris isn't fond of it either but me & the girls eat it often. I always assumed it was a normal dinner. Don't other people eat it too?

Abigail Ririe said...

Oh yeah, this is a typical "Gosh, I don't want to cook, and we really don't have money to go out dinner." I don't find it repugnant usually, but it refuses to stay down with little baby inside. I thought Justin was joking when he first suggested it. The things you find out after "I do" :)

Anonymous said...

Although I will never try this I have to let you know it sounds better then the Hinkle family staple meal. It's grated spam (yes you read that correctly) grated cheese, a can of tomato sauce, a can of chopped olives (mind you my husband hates olives unless it's in this meal) stir together put it on a hogi roll and microwave it. The smell is repulsive. Oh and they all try to eat it while it's blistering hot... hm maybe that's why they think it's good they burned all their taste buds.